These days people are more inclined to access the Internet on their smartphones than from their desktops or even laptops. The increasing comfort of browsing the internet on smartphones along with rapidly declining prices of such devices is further driving the change in how we use and experience the Internet.
- Gets you in Google’s good books – Google is the biggest search engine and continues to top the rankings with remarkable consistency and without any conceivable threat to its numero uno position even in the near future. Hence, it is the obvious choice for businesses to attract organic traffic to their websites making it vital to give attention to Google and how it works. Google suggests that a responsive website is a great way to attract smartphone users as it supports mobile-optimized websites. This involves the searches for general products & services but the preference for mobile-optimized services is at its highest when searches are made for LOCAL services. Google sees searches in the excess of 100 billion each day and ranks “mobile-responsive” higher in the results when searches are made from mobile phones.
- Reduces bounce rate – You may have a great business model and a greater website along with a favorable ranking in search results. Despite this you are still not immune to bounce rate, if your website isn’t mobile-friendly. If your users don’t find accessing your website from their smartphones seamless or convenient, you are likely to see a very high number of bounce rates. It will further drag down the rankings of your website, irrespective if your website functions seamlessly when accessed through desktops. A high bounce rate isn’t likely to get you any favors from Google and as a result this will lead to a drastic decline in your rankings.
- Versatility with all devices – A major benefit of having a responsive design for a website is that since the template size is created along the lines of various screen sizes, it assures that the website adjusts to the size of the device, irrespective of the width, height or screen size of the device. With technology evolving so rapidly now watches, glasses, and even TVs, are used for web browsing. Thus, emphasizing the importance of responsive websites even more prominently.
- Easy management – The inclination for most online businesses towards responsive websites is driven by the multitudes of benefits of responsive websites and easier manageability is one of them. For online businesses, managing separate desktop and mobile sites is a lot of hassle. This requires separate Google Adwords & SEO campaigns to be managed for each website type which is less efficient and productive than managing a single wholesome website.
- Enhanced user experience – Responsive designs results in overall enhanced user experience, regardless of the type or size of the device. When content itself adjusts to the screen size of the device, users don’t have to work around with zooming in & out options, which increases their affinity towards the website. It leads to them spending more time on the website by drastically reducing bounce rates. More than half of the overall online users are expected to buy products and services from mobile websites provided it has managed to leave a positive impression on them. This is what now majority of the online businesses are aiming at.
- Websites speed loading – Responsive websites load faster than others with their loading time being under 3 seconds. They are much faster than websites built specifically for the desktop. Online businesses are losing out on a lot by not getting responsive web designs for their websites. In times of low attention spans and increasing user impatience, not having a responsive website means a lost game. The faster your site loads, the more they are liked by the visitors and the more is the chance of the visitors converting into customers. It also narrows down to effortless user experience, of which responsive web design remains at the core.
- Competitive edge – Responsive web design not only lets you keep pace with the industry leaders but also helps you get a competitive edge over your competitors who haven’t year shifted to responsive designs. Especially for small online businesses, there is an enormous competitive edge to be leveraged as the majority of these businesses don’t have a responsive web design.
Responsive web design isn’t just a trend, it is essentially the need of the hour and the present & future of most websites. You are losing out on a lot of organic traffic, potential customers and leads if your website doesn’t offer the same features when accessed from a smartphone, as it does when accessed from a desktop. @Cloudploys we can upscale your business presence by providing you a wholesome solution for a responsive website.